When you start a Medical Weight Loss plan to lose weight, there are many things you need to keep in mind. You may have face lots of obstacles that make it hard to lose weight. Maybe it has led to weight gain in the first place. Better Weigh Center Weight Loss Assistance Corpus Christi doctors are here to assist you. Your weight loss plan should be successful and safe.
Medical conditions that contribute to obesity could be related to genetics. Most other medical conditions make it hard to loses weight. Examples of this include:
- Hormonal disorders
- Cushing’s disease
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Sleep disorders
- Upper airway respiratory syndrome
- Eating disorders
- Carbohydrate craving syndrome
Some medicines also can interfere with your weight loss efforts. That includes:
- Antihistamines for allergies
- Alpha or beta-blockers for high blood pressure
- Insulin or sulfonylureas for diabetes
- Tricyclic antidepressants for depression
- Progestins for birth control
- Neuroleptics for schizophrenia
- Lithium for manic depression
- Valproate for epilepsy
Consult with your doctor to know about how to manage your weight with these obstacles. Treatment, lifestyle changes, or surgery will help you. Also, you may benefit from a support group or counseling.
Most people and companies claim that diet pills make you lose weight. In the beginning, you may feel it is true, but drugs are not a permanent cure. It does not help you keep permanent weight off. Because with this you also need to change in lifestyle, but they don’t tell you how to do lifestyle changes. The U.S. FDA (Food and Drug Administration) does not test most of the diet pills. Also, remember that most of them will show harmful side effects. Talk to your doctor if you think that you need a supplement. Suppose they recommend you one that does not mix with other medications or conditions.
Also, fad diets are not proven to be safe or help you lose weight. Mostly it offers you short-term changes but doesn’t help you keep the weight off permanently. People who promote fad diets are famous, or they are paid to make claims. That does not make them trustworthy or correct.
The harsh truth is that there is no magic diet that helps every person to lose weight. The idea of “going on a diet” shows that you will “go off the diet” for one day. Do not depend on a fad diet to do the work for you. Instead, find a healthy, balanced eating plan that can become a practical lifestyle.
There are lots of tools that you can use throughout your weight loss plan. They help to track your reach and progress your defined goals. These include:
- A pedometer to count your steps
- A food diary or journal
- Smartphone apps to record diet and exercise
- A measuring tape or scale
- A BMI calculator
Be in contact with a doctor when you choose a weight loss plan. Think about the big picture. Setbacks are bound to happen, but you also have to concentrate on the small goals and changes in the beginning.
Ask these questions to your doctor:
- Is there any risk on a weight loss plan?
- What is a realistic goal for a weight loss plan?
- What BMI should you aim for?
- What will happens if you lose more than the suggested 2 lbs. per week?
- What should you do if you have a food craving?
- Can you take any supplements as part of the weight loss plan?
- Can you recommend a dietician?
- Can you suggest a support group who are trying to losing weight?
- Once you meet your weight loss goals, how can you maintain your weight?
On the other hand, if you are looking for surgery to lose weight, our Bariatric Center in Corpus Christi is the best place for you. Our Weight Loss Doctor at Corpus Christi will provide you the best option choice for you. Call us @ 361-500-2898 to avail our best services; our professional team is always here to assist you.
Also Read: The best exercise to lose weight